Apply for a Loan
Go to Loan Application
Enter your zip code here.
Limited time! Rates starting at 3.9% for Santa Barbara County homeowners. Learn more.
The emPower Home Upgrade Loan was created in partnership with CoastHills Federal Credit Union and Ventura County Credit Union. Single family homeowners in Santa Barbara, Ventura or San Luis Obispo County can access the unsecured emPower Home Upgrade Loan for Eligible Projects with the following benefits:
- Rates starting at 5.90% (fixed, vary based on creditworthiness)
- Loan size $1,000-$25,000
- Terms up to 15 years
- No equity or collatoral required
- No pre-payment penalties (can use pre-payment for one-time reamortization)
- No closing costs or fees
- Approval time in 1 day or less
If you’ve already selected a participating contractor and they have received approval to proceed from an eligible energy efficiency program (and California Solar Initiative, if applicable), you are ready to submit a loan application to one of two lenders, based on your zip code - To determine which lending institution serves your neighborhood, please enter your zip code in the blue box.
The following documents are required to be submitted with your loan application:
- Contractor bid proposal(s) and scope of work for the upgrades intended to be installed and financed by emPowerSBC.
- A letter verifying your project’s enrollment in the selected incentive program. Your proposal and scope of work should only include upgrades deemed eligible under an eligible energy efficiency rebate program (and California Solar Initiative Reservation Confirmation, if solar projects are included in loan application).
Based upon underwriting criteria and eligibility, you will receive a conditional pre-approval letter for financing within 24-48 hours of submitting a complete loan application. All documents required of the lender and emPower must be submitted with your loan application. Once you receive pre-approval, you and your contractor should start your upgrade project.